“When one has tasted watermelon, he knows what the angels eat.” – Mark Twain –
Watermelon Gazpacho is a light, refreshing soup. Make and chill in the fridge. Ice-cold Watermelon Gazpacho tastes heavenly on a hot summer day!
Enjoy the joyful days of August with a ripe, juicy watermelon. Even better, drop by your local farmer’s market and purchase one. My favorite farmers market is St Michael’s Farmer’s Market.
It’s open from 8:00am to noon today. See you there!
- If you are want to make Watermelon Gazpacho quickly and with perfectly chopped vegetables, a mandolin is for you!
- If you like a burst of citrus flavor in your Watermelon Gazpacho, this microplane zester will do the trick!
Enjoy these last days of summer with some ripe, juicy watermelon!
Watermelon Gazpacho tastes heavenly on a hot summer day!
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 english cucumber, partially peeled & julienned
- 1 red pepper, seeded & julienned
- 1 orange pepper, seeded & julienned
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 oranges, freshly squeezed
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 1 T. lime zest
- 1 T. ginger, finely grated
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the watermelon.
Stir in the watermelon.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.