Make Your Bruschetta with local heirloom and cherry tomatoes. During the summer, it’s the perfect antipasta to enjoy with a glass of wine.
During the summer time, Bruschetta is especially delicious. Made with home grown cherry and heirloom tomatoes, basil and a few more pure, simple ingredients. Enjoy Bruschetta with a glass of wine while relaxing on your front porch. Summer evenings were made for this!
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 30 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, roasted and chopped(a jar of best-quality may be substituted)
- 1 bunch basil, finely chopped
- 2 T. best-quality olive spread, (Kuby's brand is our favorite)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
2 baguettes - slice at an angle in 1/2" slices, brush with extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toast under a broiler until lightly brown, flip and toast on the other side. Take out of the oven, brush toast with a clove of garlic sliced in half.
In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients; mix and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
Top the toasted baguette slices with the tomato mixture. Place on a serving dish. Garnish.
Serve at once!