Life is better with pancakes. For the holidays, make ginger pancakes with ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. The gingerbread spices mixed with whole wheat flour, buttermilk and one secret ingredient. They rival my favorite gingerbread boys with much less sugar and butter. That’s how they became my new favorite holiday treat!
Life Is Better With Pancakes – Equipment:
- Brewed coffee adds another layer of flavor and blends well with the gingerbread spices!Life is better with pancakes . . . make some ginger pancakes for a festive holiday breakfast!
Delicious whole-wheat pancakes mixed with gingerbread spices are perfect to serve during the holiday season! Inspired by Dream Cafe's ginger pancakes.
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
Combine the dry ingredients - flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt - in a bowl; mix well; set aside.
In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, eggs, butter and coffee.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, blending until just incorporated.
Cook the pancakes on a lightly oiled, pancake griddle or in a cast-iron skillet for approximately 4 minutes on the first side and 1 minute after flipping.
Serve with fresh creamery butter and real maple syrup.