Everyone is ready for some holiday cheer! How to build a gingerbread house with a store-bought gingerbread house kit.
*Kits are available at most craft stores and grocery stores.
How To Build A Gingerbread House – Most Important Tip!
- For a sturdy gingerbread house discard the icing in the kit and make the Royal Icing.
Seven Steps For Building:
- Make one recipe of Royal Icing. Be sure to beat the Royal Icing until it is very thick. This assures the gingerbread house will be sturdy. Trim 1/2″ off the end of a Wilton® disposable pastry bag. Fill it half way with Royal icing. Set aside.
- Arrange the gingerbread house pieces on a 14″ round cake board.
- Pipe the Royal icing onto the cake board(the dimensions of the gingerbread house). Pipe the Royal icing onto the edges of the front and back pieces of the gingerbread house.
- Stand the gingerbread house’s back piece and one side piece.
- Stand the gingerbread house’s front piece and the other side piece. Set aside to dry for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Add one gingerbread house roof piece.
- Add the other gingerbread house roof piece. Set aside to dry overnight. Your gingerbread house is ready to decorate. Happy decorating!