Happiness is warm bread . . . fresh from the oven. Focaccia made with fresh rosemary, straight from the garden is out of this world!
Pure and simple ingredients:
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- a teaspoon of sugar
- a pinch of salt
Focaccia Baking Tips:
- When baking a yeast bread, the most important rule to remember is the liquid does not exceed 110ºF, because it will kill the yeast!
- Mix in a Kitchen Aid mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- All-purpose flour is suitable for focaccia.
- Pat the dough out on jelly roll pan a silicone baking mat, cover with a clean dish towel, rise for about 1 hour and bake.
- Serve with best quality Balsamic Vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Happiness is warm bread. If you have been dreaming of baking homemade yeast bread . . . this is the recipe for you!
A delicious bread - great for beginner bakers or experienced bakers. It's so easy to make that we enjoy focaccia with daily family meals!
- 1 1/4 cups water (110ºF.)
- 2 1/4 t. fresh yeast
- 1 t. sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 T. coarse salt
Topping: Brush with a couple of tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of fresh, chopped rosemary.
Serve with plenty of Balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil!
Proof the yeast! In a 2-cup Pyrex® liquid measuring cup, stir the yeast with into the water and sugar; set aside for 5 to 10 minutes; until the mixture bubbles.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the flour, salt, olive oil, rosemary, and yeast mixture. Mix everything until it is thoroughly mixed. Leave it in a warm, draft-free place for one hour.
Preheat oven to 440ºF
Place the dough on a silicone baking mat, placed on a jelly roll pan. Flatten the dough out into an oval shape about 1" thick. Press your fingers into it to leave little holes everywhere. Drizzle with olive oil, chopped rosemary and salt and cover with a clean dish towel; set aside for 20 minutes.
Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.