The big debate . . . Do you like your Gazpacho chunky or smooth?!! Either way, Gazpacho is delicious.
Heirloom tomatoes are the secret to delicious Gazpacho. Buy them at your local Farmer’s Market!
Best made in the summertime, when heirloom tomatoes are plentiful. Enjoy!
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, medium dice
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, ribs removed & medium dice
- 2 celery stalks, medium dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled & cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 red onion, medium dice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1-2 T. red vinegar
- 2 t. sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch basil, stems removed & roughly chopped
Garnish: finely chopped red onion, finely minced celery, basil leaves, cream fraiche or sour cream
In a blender, add all of the ingredients except the bunch of basil and garnishes.
Pulse the mixture a several times, careful not to over mix.
Taste for seasonings. Add more if necessary.
Add the basil, quickly pulse. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Garnish with red onion and basil. Serve!
Will keep for up to 5 days on the refrigerator.