Eat More Kale! It’s so delicious in a Kale & Roasted Beet Salad made with My Favorite Salad Dressing.
Bonus: The leftovers are even better the next day! #zerowaste
Steps for a simple, healthy Kale & Roasted Beet Salad:
- Kale – trim the kale stalks(toss out), slice the leafy parts into small pieces, wash, spin dry, and set aside.
- Beets – wash, wrap in aluminum foil, place on a jelly-roll pan to catch any drips, roast in a preheated 400ºF oven for 1 1/4 hours, peel while still warm, rinse under water, dice and set aside.
- Salad Dressing – in a mini Cuisinart® chop a couple of garlic cloves, add the remaining ingredients, pulse a few times and set aside.
- Avocado – slice with an avocado slicer and set aside.
- Feta cheese – crumble the feta cheese.
- Tossing the salad – a couple of hours before serving the Kale & Roasted Beet Salad, toss the kale with the desired amount of salad dressing. About 3 tablespoons for 1 head of kale should be plenty. At serving time, toss in some roasted beets and feta cheese.
- Serving the Kale & Roasted Beet Salad – serve with avocado slices on the side.
- Eat more kale!
My Favorite Salad Dressing
So delicious and extremely easy to make. Make it one time . . . you will never go back to store-bought salad dressings!
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 T. dried Italian seasonings
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In the bowl of a mini Cuisinartº, mince the garlic.
Add the remaining ingredients, pulse a few times to emulsify the mixture.
Pour into a jar; refrigerate.
Before tossing with salad, bring to room temperature.
*Salad dressing will keep several days in the refrigerator.