Cookies make everything better! Cracked sugar cookies are a classic, buttery, chewy sugar cookie. Everyone loves them!
Cookie Baking Tips:
- Start with room-temperature unsalted butter and eggs
- Chill dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour before baking
- Scoop dough with a cookie scooper so that each cookie is the same size and bakes evenly
- Set a timer, check cookies for doneness
- Remove from oven, set cookie sheet on a wire rack for 5 or so minutes
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place directly on wire racks; set aside until completely cool
- Bake some today!
Cracked Sugar Cookies
Pure and simple sugar cookies - loved by all!Prep Time 30 minutesCook Time 10 minutesServings 3 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pour 1 cup of Turbinado sugar into a wide bowl or pie plate. Roll dough balls in the sugar and place on the cookie sheet. Bake.
Preheat oven to 375Fº.
Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture, mix until blended.
Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Scoop dough with a cookie scooper. Roll in sugar. Place on Silicone lined cookie sheet, spacing apart because the cookies will spread during baking!
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool cookie sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes.
Remove cookies from cookie sheets and set on wire racks to cool completely.