After researching and decorating gingerbread houses for 25 years, I have compiled a list of the most common and popular candies which can be used to decorate gingerbread houses.
Common And Popular Candies:
- Peppermints, a classic Christmas candy, are popular candies for gingerbread houses.
- Twizzlers® Twist are perfect borders for roofs, cobblestone paths and anything that needs an outline.
- Gumdrops add so much color.
- Spearmint Leaves make great bushes.
- Frosted Mini Wheats are perfect for snowy roof tops!
- Fruit Loops are great for roof top decorations too.
- Haribo® Sour Streamers look great on roof tops!
- Necco® Candy Wafers, an American candy classic since 1847, are perfect roof toppers and cobblestone paths.
- Nerds® Candy is perfect for cobblestone paths too.
- JUJUBES® make colorful cobblestone paths too.
- Tootsie® Rolls are good for logs.
- Snyder’s of Hanover, America’s Pretzel Bakery since 1909, Mini Pretzels turned upside down make charming fences.
- Haribo® Frogs are cute floating on the lollipop ponds! If you live in Dallas, Texas, Kuby’s carries Haribo® Gummi Frogs!
- Chocolate Santas, big and small, are a great addition to gingerbread houses.
- Lindt® Chocolate Snowmen are loved by all.
- Mini Gingerbread Girls add a festive touch! They are available at Cake Carousel.
- Save the best for last . . . Edible Glitter, available at Cake Carousel in Richardson, Texas, sprinkled on top of gingerbread houses gives a sparkle! Cake Carousel also carries the mini candy wreaths and gingerbread girls. You might give them a call to check availability before heading to their store.
- Happy Decorating!!!