Baking with comfort, No Knead Rolls are the perfect addition for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Sweet or savory. Down home and simply delicious!
No Knead Rolls are rolls made with a biscuit-making technique + yeast for a light, airy roll.
Baking with comfort steps:
- Proof the yeast.
- Stir together 1 cup flour + dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender.
- Add proofed yeast and quickly mix together.
- Stir in the remainder of the flour.
- Turned out onto a Silicone baking mat.
- Put with a biscuit cutter and place in a 9″ X 13″ pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover with a clean dishtowel.
- Set aside for 45 minutes to rise.
- Baked in a preheated 450ºF oven.
- Ready to serve!
Baking with comfort . . . pure and simple ingredients . . . there is nothing in this world so delicious!
No Knead Rolls
A Roll and a Biscuit in one! Mix, cut, bake and serve with plenty of butter.
- 2 Cups Warm water (108 degrees)
- 2 Pkgs. Dry yeast
- 4 T. Sugar
- 5 1/2 Cups White Lily Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dry powdered milk
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter - hardened / cold
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine warm water (108 degrees), sugar and yeast, set aside to proof.
In a bowl, whisk; 1 C flour, dry milk, salt and baking powder
Cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender.
Add the yeast mixture, which should now formed a foam on the top, to the dry ingredients.
Add one more cup of flour, stir to combine. Repeat with the remaining flour.
Pour dough onto a lightly floured silicone baking mat. Knead the dough by folding in half about 10-12 times. Pat out the dough with your hands to approximately 3/4" thick. Cut with biscuit cutter leaving as little amount between cuts as possible. Place cut biscuits in lightly oiled pan and cover with a clean dish cloth. Set aside to rise in a draft free place for 45 minutes.
Place in preheated oven and bake 10-12 minutes.