Baking a Gluten Free Chocolate Cake:
- Mixing Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour into the other ingredients.
- Baking the cake.
- Cooling the cake.
- Trimming the cake.
- Assembling the cake.
- Frosting the cake.
- Magic Line® pastry bag fitted with a Ateco® #822 pastry tip for the Chocolate Butter Cream Icing “scallop” border(bottom of cake).
- Magic Line® pastry bag fitted with a Ateco® #802 pastry tip for the Ganache border(top of cake).Tips for decorating the cake:
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Gluten free chocolate cake makes everything better. The secret ingredient is Bob's Red Mill® 1 to 1 baking flour!
- 3 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill® Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 T. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350º degrees.
Line three 8 inch round cake pans with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
Mix cocoa and boiling water, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the remaining wet ingredients; add the cocoa mixture. Gradually, add dry ingredients.
Pour batter into the prepared cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Ice with your favorite icing.